At Proton International London, we specialise in delivering private proton beam therapy for prostate cancer. Proton beam therapy is an exact form of radiation treatment that can be used to treat prostate cancer. It is delivered using a beam of proton radiation made of positively charged particles that can be targeted to the tumour with great accuracy. This allows doctors to deliver a high dose of radiation to the tumour while minimising the exposure of surrounding healthy tissue.
Proton International London is the first private proton beam therapy centre in London. Proton International London has a team of experienced radiation oncologists, physicists and radiographers dedicated to providing the highest quality proton beam therapy care to patients with prostate cancer.
About The Proton International London Centre for prostate cancer
Proton beam therapy (PBT) is a cutting-edge radiation therapy offered at Proton International London, located at University College Hospital (UCH). Proton International is a global leader in proton beam therapy, with over 30 years of experience treating cancer patients.
Our experienced radiation oncologists work closely with the first-class clinical team of radiographers and physicists from University College Hospital (part of University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust) to provide private patients with the highest quality proton beam therapy treatment and care. Our doctors have a strong interest in clinical research, and we are constantly looking for new ways to improve the effectiveness and safety of PBT.
Proton beam therapy for prostate cancer is a precise form of radiation therapy that can accurately target tumours. This allows delivery of a high dose of radiation to the tumour while minimising the exposure of surrounding healthy tissues. This can lead to fewer side effects, such as urinary incontinence and erectile dysfunction, and delivers excellent results for early-stage prostate cancer equivalent to other forms of radiotherapy, and surgery.
PBT is an excellent option for prostate cancer patients seeking a safe and effective treatment with minimal side effects. The availability of PBT as a treatment is very limited around the world. Despite its scarce availability, it effectively treats certain cancers, including prostate cancer, with minimal side effects.Contact us to find out more
The benefits of PBT for treating prostate cancer
Proton beam therapy (PBT) is an exact form of radiation therapy that uses high-energy protons to target and destroy cancer cells in the prostate gland rather than X-rays (photons) or other radiation sources. This makes it an excellent option to treat patients, as it can deliver a high dose of radiation to the tumour while minimising the exposure of surrounding healthy tissue.
Here are some of the benefits of PBT for prostate cancer:
– Precision: PBT can be precisely aimed and controlled to deliver a more targeted radiation dose to the tumour while minimising exposure to healthy tissue surrounding the prostate. This can help to reduce the risk of side effects, such as urinary incontinence and erectile dysfunction.
– Effectiveness: Proton therapy treatment is effective in treating prostate cancer, with similar or better outcomes than standard radiation therapy used to treat cancer.
– Safety: PBT is a safe and well-tolerated treatment option with a low risk of severe side effects.
– Cost: PBT is more expensive than traditional radiation therapy, but the reduced risk of side effects may offset the cost.
– Studies suggest that PBT can result in improved outcomes for prostate cancer with a lower risk to surrounding tissue.Contact us to find out more
Paying for your private prostate cancer treatment
The treatment at Proton International London is available to insured and self-pay patients, both from the UK and abroad.
We have agreements with key medical insurance providers and can provide a range of payment options for patients who wish to self-pay. The cost of proton beam therapy will vary depending on the cancer site and the complexity of the treatment required.
Our team is available to discuss costs with you and to advise on payment options.Make an enquiry
Helping patients from overseas
At Proton International London, we warmly welcome patients from around the world.
Our friendly and experienced team are here to support our international patients through every step of their proton beam therapy journey.
We have a dedicated concierge team who can assist with all aspects of your care, including:
- Travel to Proton International London, including organising flights and visas
- Interpreters for all languages
- Accommodation for the duration of your stay
- Clinical/medical support
- Payment of treatment through insurance or sponsorship
We guide and support international patients through every stage of their proton beam therapy journey.Make an enquiry
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about using proton beam therapy to treat prostate cancer, don’t hesitate to contact our team using the form below. We will get back to you as soon as we can.